To apply for open job opportunities, please click on the title of the job opportunity to be directed to the job posting on the Indeed website.
Job details –
Number of hires for this role: 1
Full Job Description:
The United Methodist Youth Home, Inc. (UMYH) is a private, non-profit agency. Our mission is helping at-risk youth become responsible and productive members of the community. We are seeking a full-time therapist to provide diagnostic assessments, individual therapy, and group therapy to youth in one of our group homes in our residential treatment program.
- Perform assessments and collect diagnostic information to create treatment plans for individual youth.
- Provide individual and group therapy to youth participating in the program.
- Provide family therapy to youth and their family.
Work with youth on developing:
- Healthy, effective coping skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Anger management skills
- Symptom management (PTSD, ODD, Anxiety, Depression, AD/HD, etc.)
- Impulse control skills
- Improved self-esteem and self-worth
- Improved compliance with authority figures
- Treat crisis situations as needed
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field. MSW/LSW required. Must be working toward obtaining LCSW; LCSW supervision reimbursement available
- TF-CBT certification a plus
Starting pay: $22.00/hour
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location (UMYH)
Work Remotely: No
We currently have a need for qualified candidates for the Residential Counselor position for second and third shifts. A Residential Counselor provides support and supervision of our youth throughout the course of all daily programming activities. Employees must be 21 years of age, able to pass a criminal background check and drug test, and have a valid driver’s license. Responsibilities include:
- Being a positive role model.
- Teaching appropriate behavior.
- Teaching appropriate social skills and life skills.
- Participating in daily programming activities.
- Helping the youth achieve their treatment goals.
Qualifications and Skills
Qualifications Required: High School Diploma. This is excellent experience for recent or soon-to-be COLLEGE GRADUATES who are seeking an entry-level position into the Social Service Field. Pay commensurate with education and experience. Second and Third shifts available.
Job Type: Part-time