The Day Treatment Program is an intensive program for high-risk youth designed to provide a safe, highly structured, supervised environment in which to focus on education, cognitive restructuring, community service, independent living skills training and family issues.
- Target Population: Youth 14-19 years old, with other ages being accepted after review.
- Youth referred by DCS or Juvenile Probation
- Students who are having difficulty adjusting socially or progressing academically in school, need assistance and structure and supervision overall
Individualized Education and Treatment Plans
- Students work at their own pace, using age-appropriate educational materials.
- The day treatment therapists create the treatment plan with input from the students, parents, instructors, DCS and Probation.
- Each student receives a comprehensive mental health assessment upon intake.
Cognitive Skills Group, Individual and Group Therapy
- Students attend a cognitive skills group each day, covering topics such as: self-acceptance, feelings, problem solving, decision making, healthy relationships and substance abuse.
- Day Treatment Instructors and Therapist facilitate the groups.
- The day Treatment Therapist is available for individual and Family Therapy.
Independent Living Skills Training
- Students attend group and individual meetings with the IL instructor to obtain vital documents, learn living skills, search for jobs, and explore higher education options.
- Daily recreational activities are planned, as well as community activities.
Community service Projects
- Projects may include assisting in a nursing home, sorting food and clothing at a local food and clothing bank, volunteering at soup kitchens, etc.
- Day Treatment encourages family involvement. The Program Director maintains contact with parents/family and is available for conferences as needed. Family Night activities occur monthly.
- We encourage and reward attendance, participation, appropriate behavior and educational achievement. Students are provided monetary and other incentives.
Other Services Provided in Day Treatment
- Case Management
- Prenatal and child development education
- Behavior Modification
- Parenting skills for teen parents
- Drug Screening