To apply for open job opportunities, please click on the title of the job opportunity to be directed to the job posting on the Indeed website.
The Day Treatment Instructor will continuously supervise, monitor and participate in the daily activities of the students including the following:
- Academic Achievement – Follow policy and procedures for curriculum provided by the Day Treatment Director.
- Independent Living Skills Group and Cognitive Skills Group– Follow programming materials provided by Day Treatment Director.
- Recreational Activities – Follow policy and procedures for taking students off grounds and maintain supervision.
Keep written records, including:
- Maintain complete and accurate daily records including, behavioral sheets, independent living skills forms, cognitive skills group form, and academic achievement form, and infractions.
- Providing information to Day Treatment Director for the development of treatment plans, progress reports and discharge reports.
- Complete Incident Reports.
Be familiar with the rules for the Day Treatment Program and implement those rules by:
- Providing fair and constructive feedback to participants regarding positive and problem behaviors.
- Directing participants regarding appropriate dress, speech and behavior.
- Utilizing consistent behavior management techniques.
Assist students individually by:
- Participate in implementing individual treatment plans.
- Maintaining appropriate boundaries.
- Serving as a role model.
- Managing crisis situations.
- Providing guidance and counseling.
- Providing positive feedback.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field
- 21 years of age
- Valid driver’s license
- Pass a drug screen
- Experience with at-risk youth a plus
- Pass a criminal background check.
- Ability to effectively cope with frustration, anger, frequent change in plans, prioritize assignments and coordinate with other staff members.
- Ability to effectively cope with personal or job stress without interfering with student relationships.
- Verbal communication skills in order to interact with other staff members.
- Ability to understand information in students records as required to carry out treatment plans.
- Observation skills.
- Adequate walking, sitting, standing and stair climbing.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor’s (Required)
The full time Development Assistant provides support and quality assistance to the Director of Development. This position will need to utilize critical thinking skills to assist the Development Department in furthering the United Methodist Youth Home in the community. Key roles are helping to differentiate our programs, increasing our visibility in the community, keeping accurate records of giving, collaboration within the department as well as all program personnel, and designing and implementing fund raising activities based on opportunities presented within the local and grant community. This position reports to and is under the supervision of the Director of Development.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate understanding of the United Methodist Youth Home’s mission by role modeling behaviors, and attitudes in all interactions with youth, staff, and community.
- Working to increase community awareness of our programs and outcomes.
- Ability to develop compelling content to share with stakeholders in the community who are interested in opportunities to make a difference.
- Responsible for ideating and creating communications in all forms of media such as Newsletters, E-mails, and social media using computer based publishing software.
- Representing UMYH at community events and other appropriate outlets.
- Coordinating information releases to churches, corporations, and other stakeholders.
- Building relationships with congregations, community groups, businesses, and other supporters to help meet the needs of youth and programs via financial & in-kind giving.
- Identifying areas of opportunity for collaboration and improvement in the department as well as throughout the agency and community.
- Help identify and maintain calendar of openings and due dates for grants and reports.
- Work with UMYH Team to identify needs of youth & programs matching needs to grants.
- Process donations and maintain detailed records of giving with a High Level of accuracy.
- Proofreading and developing grants, marketing materials, and other communications.
- Helping maintain, develop, and keep to a calendar of events.
- Monitoring trends in donations, volunteers, grant proposals, etc.
- Respecting the privacy and confidentiality of donor and client information.
- Leading volunteer relations including coordinating projects and new opportunities.
- Coordinating special events that involve volunteers, staff, and supporters.
- Create innovative ways to engage supporters and build awareness.
- Performance of other roles as identified to meet evolving Development Department roles
- Highly organized and detail orientated.
- Capable of managing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines with minimal direction.
- Strong communication, presentation and publication skills.
- Ability to work well with a team and take the lead on individual projects.
- Understanding of databases, social media, Microsoft Office and Google applications.
- Able to process and interpret financial data and donor tracking data.
- Minimum of an Associate degree in marketing, public relations, or related field.
- 2 years experience in Marketing, Development, Grant Writing, or similar field.
- Proven writing skills with strong attention to detail.
- Understanding of graphic design and social media practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Pass all background checks necessary to work in youth service field.
If you’re a hardworking creative thinker who wants to use their skills to help change lives and fulfill a greater purpose we encourage you to apply online by submitting a cover letter and your resume.
Job Type: Full-time