The United Methodist Youth Home, Inc. (UMYH) is a private, non-profit agency whose mission is helping at-risk youth become responsible and productive members of the community. We are seeking a full-time therapist to provide diagnostic assessments, individual therapy, and group therapy to youth in one of our group homes in our residential treatment program.
- Perform assessments and collect diagnostic information to create treatment plans for individual youth.
- Provide individual and group therapy to youth participating in the program.
- Provide family therapy to youth and their family.
- Work with youth on developing:
- Healthy, effective coping skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Anger management skills
- Symptom management (PTSD, ODD, Anxiety, Depression, AD/HD, etc.
- Impulse control skills
- Improved self-esteem and self-worth
- Improved compliance with authority figures
- Treat crisis situations as needed.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field. LSW required, LCSW preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year post-graduate experience.
- TF-CBT certification a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Click the title to apply online (can be found on Indeed.com), or please come in and fill out the application and send your cover letter and resume to Linda via email@example.com.