Students since program beginning
Students in 2022
WHO WE SERVE
The Truancy Intervention Program is an intensive home, school, and community intervention program for truant and high-risk school age youth. This program is used to prevent further truancy, improve academic progress, increase parent engagement, and increase community involvement. This a home and community based service.
- Identify reasons for youth’s truancy and barriers to success.
- Identify solutions to ensure school attendance and increase the youth’s involvement in school and the community.
- Improve academic performance by assessing the child’s needs, strengths, weaknesses, and problem areas.
- Provide face-to-face contact with the youth and/or family, implementing the treatment plan
- Encourage family and community involvement
- Mentor the youth
- Meet with adults in their lives (counselors, teachers, case managers, etc.)
- Provide incentives for participation and progress.
"I loved the wake up calls and the way everyone cares. I feel like I really am becoming an adult."
"Chasidy and I work together on my packets and also have meaningful talks. This support has helped me while at UMYH. I really enjoy working one on one, too."
"I have worked with Lauren for a few months and even in that short time she has begun to be more motivated in school and her personal goals. She is even going to Ivy Tech in the fall!"
Committed to Transparency
78% of our total operating expenses fund programs for the youth we serve. When you make a charitable gift to our organization, your dollars go toward exactly what you intended—supporting at-risk youth.